Welcome to Dual Language Kindergarten!
¡Bienvenidos a kìnder de dos idiomas!Sra. DowneyRoom 480-541-4940"If a child can't learn the way we teach, perhaps we should teach the way they learn." Iglesias EstradaThere is a “need for more bilingual and multilingual Americans… in critical need languages… to further strengthen national security and prosperity in the 21st century.”
– U.S. Department of State
Existe una necesidad de tener más Americanos bilingües y multilingües... en idiomas de alta necesidad... para reforzar nuestra seguridad nacional y nuestra prosperidad en el siglo 21.— Departamento del Estado de los EE.UU.Our curriculum includes:
- Maravillas and Santillana : We will begin the fun and precious process of becoming bilingual and biliterate in a hands-on, child centered environment.
- We will be learning a lot of academic and social vocabulary within songs. Be prepared for a lot of singing!
- Math: Investigations and various resources approved by Kyrene School District.
- Homework Policy - is given on Monday and handed in on Friday: I will be sending home monthly homework, but it must be brought in the Communication Folder daily and signed weekly. Thank you for your support and dedication to homework!
- The donation list is voluntary but very appreciated.