Kids Club School Year
Early Learning Centers
Early Learning Centers (ELC) incorporate age appropriate activities that help children reach their full potential cognitively, emotionally, physically, and socially. Our hands-on approach is child-centered and encourages children to learn at their own pace. We base our developmentally appropriate activities on a philosophy of learning through guided play and preparation for Kindergarten in Kyrene. Children in Early Learning Centers develop social skills necessary for their academic success.
Note: Children in our three to five year-old programs must have self-sufficient toileting skills (i.e., must be able to use the toilet consistently without frequent “accidents” in the child’s clothes or the use of diapers or pull-ups).
Programs for 3-5 years, not yet in kindergarten include:
Three to Five Year Olds – supports the individual discovery and learning styles of young students through hands-on activities. Children progress in multi-age classrooms; therefore, we integrate three and four-year-olds together.
Bienvenidos “A foreign language immersion program” - instruction in both English and Spanish, this unique early learning center supports the individual discovery and learning styles of young students through hands-on activities. We know that children progress in multi-age classrooms; therefore, we integrate three, four, and five-year-olds together. Program staff are bilingual in both English and Spanish and will help introduce children to the Spanish language using immersion techniques.
Montessori Kids Club
- child explore their world with Kids Club through exposure to the Montessori philosophy. Children work in small and large groups while our staff introduce them to appropriate learning materials during each of their Sensitive Periods of development. More information on Montessori
School-Age Before and After (K-5th)
Participants in School-Age programs experience enriching, fun choices before and after school. Hands-on, child-directed activities highlight self-awareness, cognitive expansion, physical development, creative expression, and recreational pursuits. Kids Club uses the School-Age activity guide that was developed to help children learn through play-based activities. The activity guide, developed with the help of our Curriculum Department, supports the Arizona Educational Standards and the Kyrene School District curriculum. Children participate in a variety of activities before school, after school, and on early release days. Each day, students choose activities such as art, board games, cooking, science exploration, drama, story telling, indoor and outdoor (weather permitting) cooperative games, and a minimum of 20 minutes of homework or quiet reading time. Children are asked to bring breakfast or purchase it from the school, and are provided a snack after school.
• 1 day per week - Choose any one day of after school care; early release day or any other day (for safety the day chosen must remain the same during the school year).
• One hour per day - for school-age children who attend an elementary school and need Kids Club from the time the elementary school dismisses until 15 minutes after the region’s middle school dismisses -OR- 1 hour after the elementary school dismissal time, whichever is longer.
• 3 or 5 days per week - choose three consistent days per week or sign up to attend on all five school days.
• Emergency Childcare (intermittent school days) - If your program needs are sporadic, purchase access to school-age programs on a limited, short-term basis. This Kids Club option grants access to the location’s program hours (before school, after school, or both). You may pre-pay for up to 20 days (a minimum of ten days must be purchased) to be used on any school day throughout the school year.
For the safety of your child, we request a two business day notice be given to the Kyrene Customer Service Center (480-541-1500) prior to the day your child will attend Kids Club. Once we receive your notification, the pre-paid day is no longer able to be used at another time. (Any unused days, at the end of the school year, are forfeited.)