Kyrene offers both “cut” and “non-cut” sports for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students. Cut sports include: soccer, basketball, volleyball, cheer, softball, and baseball. The non-cut athletic opportunities include cross country, wrestling, and track and field.
The goals for every participant are:
- Physical Skills necessary in the sport or activity
- An awareness of progressive skill requirements needed to continue in the growth of a specific sport or activity
- Respect for the efforts, abilities, and rights or others
- The awareness of leadership responsibilities in school, community, and life contacts, as well as on the field
- Active participation by all members of the team
All participants must complete and turn in all required forms EACH season.
CURRENT PHYSICAL AND HEALTH INSURANCE
A current physical, less than one calendar-year old, must be signed by a physician and on file with Student Services.
Students must have health insurance coverage try-out for and participate in a school sport.
Once your child makes a sports team, you will need to pay the participation fee by the first day of practice. You will have several options to make your payment:
1. You can pay on line a https://kyrene.ce.feepay.com . Your student should have brought home a packet giving you directions on how to pay on line.
2. You can call your payment in to the district office. Please call the District Office at 480-541-1500.
3. You can go to the Kyrene School District Customer Service Center at 8700 South Kyrene Rd. Tempe. It is located at the corner of Kyrene and Warner.
Once payment is made please return the Athlete Information sheet with your athlete to Student Services.
If you have any questions please call our Student Services/Athletic Secretary, Judy Cotharin, at 480-541-5805.
If you wish to apply for financial assistance, you will need to submit a Financial Assistance application prior to the start date of tryouts. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Due to financial constraints, we are unable to provide 100% assistance.
Click here for a copy of the Financial Assistance application form.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
ATHLETIC DIRECTOR: Debbie Wilkinson 480-541-5805 email@example.com
ATHLETIC SECRETARY: Judy Cotharin 480-541-5805 JCotharin@kyrene.org