The safety of the students to and from school is of primary importance to the Kyrene School District. Riding a school bus is a privilege, not a right. Students must adhere to the rules of conduct. Students who behave in appropriately shall be disciplined and may lose their bus privileges.
- Respect your Driver and other students by keeping your hands to yourself.
- Stay in your assigned seats facing the front with your feet on the floor and out of the aisle.
- No eating or gum chewing. Drinking water from a plastic water bottle is permissible.
- If seatbelts are available, they must be worn.
- Do not display any verbal behavior that disrupts the ride (shouting, singing, etc.). Talk in a quiet voice.
- No skateboards, roller skates or in-line skates allowed on buses.
- You may quietly use electronics as long as you do not disturb others.
- The bus is an extension of your school. All other school rules apply while riding on the school bus.
Please review the above rules with your child so that he/she is familiar with them. It may be helpful for them to memorize the following, as this is an easy, abbreviated means to keep appropriate bus behavior in mind:
B - Be Respectful
U - Use a Quiet Voice
S - Stay Seated
Video Surveillance equipment has been installed on Kyrene buses and is used as a tool to assist drivers and administration in identifying and isolating possible disciplinary and/or safety problems that may need attention.