Student Registration Information
We are delighted you have chosen to
educate your child(ren) at the Kyrene School District. We know
you have many educational options and we appreciate your decision to be with us!
General Enrollment (for In-district families):
You can enroll at your local school or by bringing the documents listed below. Enrollments are taken at the District Office during the summer. For information, call (480) 480-541-1000.
Those who live within the district boundaries, but want to enroll at a different school outside their attendance area must apply for open enrollment .
Open Enrollment (for out-of-district families):
If you live outside the school or district
boundaries, you must first be approved for Open Enrollment
prior to registering your child. Applications are available at the district
office or online at www.kyrene.org/oe
Documents needed to register
Go to the school in your neighborhood, or
the school you’ve been accepted to through the open enrollment
process, and bring this completed packet of registration paperwork along with the following items that are
required, to complete your registration:
- Child's birth certificate
- Immunization records
- Proof of residency (e.g., current utility bill,
lease agreement, contract on house)
- Withdrawal form from previous school (if
- Open enrollment acceptance letter (if applicable)
- Any records from your previous school would be
helpful for class placement (e.g., report cards, test scores, gifted education placement scores, special education records - IEP and MET, etc)
1. Subscribe to the E‐Newsletter
for your school(s). The link is on the left side of www.kyrene.org under Quick Links.
2. Be sure you’re aware of bus schedule
(if applicable) and the schools’ start and end times.
3. Attend your schools’ Meet the Teacher
4. Make note of other 2016‐17 school year dates.