123 – Quick Facts
If passed, Proposition 123 will:
- Generate $3.5 billion over 10 years for Arizona schools.
The majority will come from the increased payout of the State Land Trust. Additionally,
$625 million will come from the general fund ($50M for the first five years, then $75M for the
next five years).
- Provide Kyrene with 3.4 million per year.
- Settle the inflation funding lawsuit that’s been pending
for five years.
- Raise the base level of per pupil funding (from $3,426.74
- Guarantee that education funding will adjust for
inflation each year.
- Provide funding to schools starting in June.
- Ensure local control. Schools decide how to use their
funding. There are no strings attached to how the funding can be used.
- Include triggers to protect the general fund from severe
economic downturns, while protecting the base level of funding.