Kyrene Gifted Programs
Kyrene offers a variety of gifted services at all schools
We believe that a gifted students’ potential requires differentiated instruction and have developed strategies to provide instruction integrated throughout the school day. The District is excited to offer choices for gifted students. Key features of gifted services include:
- Continuum of services across K-8 aligned with National Association of Gifted Children (NAGC) standards
- Gifted Certified teacher at every elementary school consulting and planning regularly with classroom teachers
- Gifted Certified Mentor teacher at every middle school advising and consulting with team teachers regularly
- Digital learning to support differentiation
- High expectations for all gifted learners as evidenced in relevant and challenging activities
- Ongoing use of multiple alternative approaches to accelerated learning
- Before and after school enrichment activities such as: Chess clubs, Robotics, Odyssey of the Mind, and more.
- gifted self-contained classrooms at Kyrene de la Mirada and Kyrene Monte Vista elementary schools for students meeting program requirements.
Which schools provide gifted services?
All Kyrene schools offer gifted services to address the natural abilities of students who require differentiated instructional programming throughout the school day. Services provide interaction with other gifted learners, accelerated pacing in core classes, and designed to enhance critical thinking, creativity and problem solving. Detailed information about gifted options by grade is available here