Tax Credit Donations—It's a Win, Win!
During the last legislative session, the deadline for tax credit donations was changed from December 31 to April 15. You now have until April 15, 2017 to make a tax credit donation to a school or student activity of your choice.
Your tax credit donation helps students attend extracurricular* activities like athletics; art and music programs; character education; and field trips. These programs develop well-rounded students who in turn build strong communities. Arizona statute allows individuals/couples to donate $200/$400 for a dollar-to-dollar tax credit.
Examples of extracurricular enhanced learning include:
- lessons that come alive with author visits
- experiences that demonstrate future career possibilities
- programs that teach manners, work ethic and good citizenship
- inspiring educational field trips
Donate in person or by mail
Use these forms for donations when specifying an extracurricular program.
Kyrene School District #28
Ben Furlong Education Center
8700 S. Kyrene Road
Tempe, AZ 85284-2197
Office is open Mon-Fri 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
* Under state law, Arizona taxpayers can receive a dollar-for-dollar tax credit when they contribute to extracurricular activities in public schools. ARS 43-1089.01(G)(2)(d) defines extracurricular activities as school-sponsored activities that supplement the school’s educational program and require enrolled students to pay a fee in order to participate.